Masters Program Admissions
You're ready to take the next step in your professional development. It's time to pursue the graduate business degree that will prepare you for future advancement and success.
Congratulations on your decision! Now it's time to make it happen.
Graduate admission information is presented below. International students should also check the international student admissions page for specific admissions requirements.
Most prospective graduate business students will take the GMAT or GRE for admissions, although the WSU School of Business does offer GMAT/GRE waivers to highly qualified applicants. This is generally defined as those applicants who meet one of the following criteria:
- Acceptable score on the Graduate Record Examinations (GRE), Law School Admission Test (LSAT) or Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) entrance exam.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher from an AACSB-accredited business program (or GPA of 3.2 or higher from a regionally-accredited university in any major) OR at least three years of relevant professional experience that shows increased responsibility over that period.
Please contact the Graduate Programs Office for more information on GMAT waivers or equivalency requirements.
Applications may be submitted in advance of taking one of these tests.
The GMAT and GRE are offered continually at testing centers throughout North America and at select international sites.
For GMAT, visit the official GMAT testing page or call 800-GMAT-NOW for full details. The Graduate Management Admission Council also has resources to help you succeed on the GMAT. Wayne State offers GMAT prep courses as well.
Be sure to check the full admissions process to ensure you fulfill all admission requirements.
To apply for admission to a graduate business program:
- Take the GMAT or GRE and be sure to have your results sent to Wayne State University (school code 1898) or confirm your qualifications for a waiver.
- Complete an application for graduate admission (GMAT or GRE score not required to submit application)
- Have official transcripts from all collegiate institutions attended sent to:
Office of Graduate Enrollment Services
Wayne State University
5057 Woodward Avenue
Detroit, MI 48202 USA
The application and other required documents are due by:
- July 1 for fall semester admission
- November 1 for winter semester admission
- March 1 for spring/summer semester admission