B Start for Incoming Freshmen
B Start is an innovative five-year program that guarantees admission to the Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) program in the Wayne State University School of Business.
This program allows participants to complete a bachelor's degree in business and an M.B.A. in just five years. It also waives the GMAT requirement for M.B.A. admission.
B Start trains future leaders in business by emphasizing mentoring and research opportunities with business school faculty.
Requirements for application
- Minimum of a 3.5 or higher high school grade-point average
- Submission of a one-page typed essay describing why you are interested in B Start and why you should be accepted
- Submission of two letters of recommendation:
- one from a high school teacher, counselor or administrator familiar with your extracurricular activities, team and/or leadership skills
- one from a member of the community (may not be a family member or from your high school) who can address your business experience, community service and/or employment
B Start Scholarship
A B Start Scholarship is also awarded upon acceptance into the B Start Program. The award is $3,000 per year for 4 consecutive years. Funds are divided equally between the fall and winter semesters with defined expectations for continuation. This scholarship is awarded in addition to any other University scholarships.
To apply to B Start for the fall semester, please submit all application materials by MARCH 15 via mail, email or fax to:
Wayne State University
School of Business Administration
Office of Undergraduate Student Services
5201 Cass Avenue
Prentis Building, Room 200
Detroit, MI 48202