B Start for Incoming Freshmen
B Start is an innovative five-year program that guarantees admission to the Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) program in the Wayne State University School of Business.
This program allows participants to complete a bachelor's degree in business and an M.B.A. in just five years. It also waives the GMAT requirement for M.B.A. admission.
B Start trains future leaders in business by emphasizing mentoring and research opportunities with business school faculty.
Requirements for application
- Minimum of a 3.75 or higher high school grade-point average
- Submission of a one-page typed essay describing why you are interested in B Start and why you should be accepted
- Submission of two letters of recommendation:
- one from a high school teacher, counselor or administrator familiar with your extracurricular activities, team and/or leadership skills
- one from a member of the community (may not be a family member or from your high school) who can address your business experience, community service and/or employment
B Start Scholarship
A scholarship is also awarded upon acceptance into the B Start Program. Funds are divided equally between the fall and winter semesters with defined expectations for continuation.
To apply to B Start for the fall semester, please submit all application materials by MARCH 15 via mail, email or fax to:
Wayne State University
School of Business
Office of Undergraduate Student Services
5201 Cass Avenue
Prentis Building, Room 200
Detroit, MI 48202