From Wall Street to the neighborhood bank, finance offers diverse and exciting career options in commercial banking, investment banking, corporate finance, financial planning and other areas.
Wayne State finance students learn deeply about the management of money and other assets, such as stocks and bonds, for organizations and/or individuals. Courses provide a solid background in many subjects, including:
- Financial markets and intermediaries
- Measuring the risk and return of investments
- Financial management in international money and capital markets
- Functional areas of bank management and related financial institutions
- Recent developments in futures and options
Please use the menu on the right to learn more about our finance major.
For career information, please visit the Career Planning & Placement Office's Career & Major Advising page.